Creating a Culture of Continuous Learning
Providing sales training once or even a few times per year and viewing the program as an independent, standalone event is no longer enough. Companies like J. Rockcliff Realtors need to create, build, and maintain a culture of continuous learning to help drive improved agent performance. Progressive organizations that are adapting a strong continuous learning culture are quickly proving to significantly outperform their peers in several areas:
Ability to Assess and Adapt to Real Estate Market Activity 92%
Greater Agent Productivity 89%
Better Response to Customer Needs 75%
Continuous Learning Improvement Partnerships
At J. Rockcliff Realtors, we look at training as a partnership between us and our agents and we strive to develop continuous learning solutions that help change behaviors, enhance the effectiveness of our sales organization, and drive long-term focus on a methodology of continuous improvement. Our continuous learning model is based on years of experience working with some of the world’s most successful real estate sales teams and most successful sales organization. We believe that a strong continuous learning model starts with having the right mindset, culture, and true understanding of real estate needs and market environment. We pay close attention to all phases of learning –– before, during, and after –– and constantly plan and identify opportunities to reinforce, develop, and apply knowledge to help our learners take their skills to the next level and help serve our mutual clients to the highest level possible. The three pillars of our continuous learning model include:
- We think and behave like the head of sales so that we can help increase revenue both in the short term and the long term. We understand that agents don’t have the luxury of only focusing on tomorrow nor of exclusively focusing on today. Agents are engaged in a long-term plan to continuously improve sales performance and we want to be a catalyst for that improvement.
- We consider it our duty to challenge today’s thinking, when necessary, and push our agents to focus on continuous improvements rather than one-time events.
- We remain flexible and nimble in our thinking so that we can meet agents where they are and offer solutions that grow and change with them.
Best Practices Contribution
- Our reach and depth in the real estate industry affords us a unique perspective in not only providing the best practices in real estate sales development, but also recognizing the biggest roadblocks to achieving long-term, sustained improvement. Our subject matter experts and world-class facilitators bring this unique perspective to bear in the services that we provide and the conversations in which we engage.
- To achieve optimum performance, sales and learning teams must be connected and in sync. We bring deep expertise in both sales and learning –– and more importantly, in how to connect sales and learning in a sustained, performance-driven effort.
- We bring a unique perspective in how best to deliver training solutions that drive a spirit of ongoing development and learning that never ends.
Actionable Front-line Intelligence and Insight
- Knowing what is working and what is not working in the field drives continuous improvement. Through our work in the field real estate agents, we gain a thorough understanding of what is happening on the front lines. Our facilitators, who are professional sales managers and coaches, connect with each sales rep, often for days at a time. They coach sales reps in real time on real deals. By funneling this vast store of intelligence back to our agents and manager trainers, we provide binoculars to see an accurate picture of the real estate industry. We let agents know what’s really happening, well beyond what skills they may already have or need, and include what might be getting in their way. This enables sales and learning leaders to make better decisions based on actual circumstances about the next important improvements to make so that they can achieve the highest returns on investment.
- Supplementing our qualitative insights, we provide substantive quantitative data and analytics through our assessment and measurement tools and services. Use extensive analytics, we can tell the story of agents’ skill level, sales skills, engagement, and performance. The purpose is not only to gauge the impact of the learning but also to allow leaders to supplement and enhance the overall training experience, where needed. Combined with our qualitative insights from our experts in the field, this data will provide a real-time look at the state of a real estate company’s most powerful asset –– the sales team –– and guide them in making informed decisions to drive short and long-term performance improvement.